Thursday, March 13, 2008

Vacations and desperate need for a break!

I am tired and ready for a break. I have had a constant run of school days since January 7th and am sick of these kids. My work load has gotten longer and tougher and the extra curricular activities are draining. All this, however, is ok as long as I get my vacation. At first I had planned to go to a safari in Kenya but the recent civil unrest makes that trip unwise. I then decided I wanted to go to South Africa..but the airfare alone was $1700, as much as it costs to fly from Seattle. But lo and behold, I found an option I like...and I like it alot.

Yvonne, the high school math teacher, and I are going on a cruise. We leave on March 18 and fly out to Venice. Yes, that is right....Venice Italy. I am beyond excited!!! We get on our cruise from there and sail to Bari, Corfu, Athens, Izmir Turkey, Rhodes, Tunisia, Malta, Naples and end in Genoa. Its a ten day cruise and I am in desperate need for clean water, first world countries and hot food.

After I get back its a simple two months until the end of school!!! The school politics and drama will soon be over and the overwhelming job hunt is on. If any of you hear of anything....just let me know.

I will be sure to post as many pictures of my trips as I can, however, for now, I will post a picture I stole from Shelly (one of my 9th grade students) of the Lagos sky during a storm. I love this picture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!

cherlyn and family said...

How cool. I hope you have fun.

marquita chiquita said...

Wow, a cruise! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the pictures! Hope you don't get seasick! Have a great time! Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

I am jealous...but happy for you. Can't wait to read and see your update. Jolene