Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Advances Art Project Pictures

While my personal life may have been a bit rocky these past weeks, my job is fantastic. I get to work with 70-odd students who are interesting and for the most part, respectful. I get to mess with them, joke with them, use sarcasm and be strict all in five minutes. Its always an amazing roller coaster and I look forward to coming to work each day. I decided to take some pictures of some of my advanced class and their artwork so I can show you all how and what I am doing at work.






The last project was to draw a piece of popcorn using only shading. Then to visually separate that piece of popcorn, creating another subject matter from the same shape. As promised to my class, I never assign a project that I wont do. So this example is the one I did in the same time period as my students. I think I was outclassed in some cases. My students did brilliantly.










































I am really excited about the current project called, Elements. Its a real challenge and while most of my students are grumbling about the difficulty, all are coming up with deep and meaningful symbols, pictures, and personal references for the four elements. They are required to personify fire, water, earth, and wind in a visual representation. I really like some of the ideas being produced right now. Soon, I will push them even farther by involving cultural, humanistic and interpersonal story lines and let them create from there.

3 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

I love your art ideas. I am always impressed.

sreeve said...

Um, wow. That all sounds and looks pretty much amazing. And a little depressing for those of us who can only hope to attain... (heh, heh) Looks like you're doing great things with the kids.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.